Shouldn't-a dunit.

I know, I know. I shouldn't-a dunit. But I dunit. They left me no alternative. Do I suck? Maybe. But at least you know where I stand. (Am I standing? Feels like sitting...)


Howdy, friends. Expect you recall last week's tiresome debacle and the intolerable acts of our extraterrestrial overlords, as they came to occupy our humble city hall. Who could forget the arrogance of a certain Gizmandiar? A gentleman he is not. (Neither gentle, nor man... nor any other species I've ever come across.) I am not being ungenerous. Consider, if you will, the bill of particulars with regard to said Gizmandiar. He and his minions hath:



  1. deliberately and wantonly, with malice aforethought, driven us from our ancestral (relax - that's just the paint color) home and consigned us to a life of enhanced beggary (that's like the beggary we enjoyed previously, only with 65% more cat's pee);

  2. issued the intolerable and wholly despicable decree known as "Special Order 14-2007" which directs us, on pain of prosecution, to "refrain from employing any foul, obscene, or abusive language commonly known as 'swearing,'" thereby foreclosing our most immediate (and highly satisfying) remedy to item #1 (dag nab it!);

  3. taken the foul and underhanded step of using his considerable resources to purchase our corporate record label (Loathsome Prick Records), subsequently employing that organization as yet another tool in our ongoing persecution (which is to say, well beyond the level of persecution we had experienced previously simply by being associated with Loathsome Prick Records);

  4. heinously and relentlessly transformed the distressed brick courtyard of our beloved abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill into a carpet-like monoculture of lawn grass, later applying the same pernicious ground cover to other public and private spaces throughout our community.


Need I go on? I think not. Marvin (my personal robot assistant) is pointing frantically to his watch, so... How do you battle a well-heeled cadre of space aliens who have taken over your town and evicted you from your squat house? Fight fire with fire, my friends. Oh, yes... Gizmandiar and company are not the only space aliens in the universe. And we of Big Green can name one space alien of long acquaintance who could easily mop the floor with these interlocutors, these usurpers, these.... gall-dangit, I wish I could fricking swear!!!


Ahem.... that space alien is, of course, sFshzenKlyrn, our occasional sit-in guitarist from the planet Zenon, located in the small Magellanic Cloud, quite a long ways from here. Didn't want to do it, but with all that's at stake, I put a call in to sFshzenKlyrn and asked for assistance. Are there risks? Oh, yes. Great risks. Remember what happened a few years back when our Zenite friend had a few too many flapjacks. (Suffice to say, they had to add a whole new chapter to Lost New York in the last edition.)


So, yeah... I know I may have acted rashly. But I think we can control the unpredictable force of nature that is sFshzenKlyrn this time. Or not....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.