In the bag.


It's going to take how long? Are you serious? What the hell, Urich - can't this tub move any faster than that? We're only talking about 17 light years.


Oh, man... if only there were a "first class" in intergalactic space! Everything... and I mean everything is coach. Urich, our somewhat fanatical pilot (I think he may be the only surviving German kamikaze, but that's just a guess), tells me that we've got quite a ways yet to go bobbing along here in the trackless void. We're all resorting to the stuff we do when there's nothing to do. Matt catalogues his bird species. John flies virtual airplanes across the Pacific. Marvin (my personal robot assistant) plays with his diode collection (the Frenchman thing wore off after a few days, thank goddess). The Lincolns argue about the war with Mexico. I could go on, but ... you get the idea. And what do I do? Well, not much... I strum my broken down Hagstrom III guitar and reach into the mailbag for whatever might be interesting.


Let's see what we got here... This one's from some guy who calls himself "Muchuu", over in jolly old England, who was commenting on our new single, High Horse:




Not my cup of Texan tea

Lyrics - Blimey! Not a fan. Is this in the wrong category?

Arrangement - simple and effective. But predicatble, no?

Sounds like - not sure. Rather not know :-)...No, don't know really. Some parts Ween I guess...

Not a fan, unfortunately. Sorry!



Gotcha, "Muchuu". Yep, "simple and effective" is what we were going for there. Though I wouldn't go filling your cup with "Texan Tea" - we put that stuff in our tractor engines (yee-haw). Hopefully we can count you amongst our fans one day (you could be the second!), but until then, Muchuu-s gracias, senor!


Here's one from some dude named "Benadian"... same topic...



It's fun. Who do you sound like? Any kind of country music I suppose, I'm not as well-versed in that field. Now that the synth solo has come in, and considering your genre, I would say you sound like Ween's 12 Golden Country Greats album. But that was way more original! This just sounds like any old band that decided to make a joke country song.Lyrics... just sound like any old country lyrics. I dunno what else to say. Good you proved you can do it though!



Well, what the hell, man... that's the second Ween reference I've heard in, I don't know, five minutes? But I guess you're right, "Benadian" ... we sure proved we can write a goofy country song. Never thought I'd see the day!


Okay, time to do something else. What's the man-sized tuber been up to during this long, boring voyage? Well, he's been trying his hand at video editing. In fact, he put together a little video for High Horse and posted it on YouTube... which you can view at the Tuber's YouTube page - www.youtube.com/mansizedtuber - or on the high horse page: www.big-green.net/highhorse . Check it out ... then send us some mail. As you can see, we've got a lot of time on our hands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.