Subtract this.


Turn it down a little more. Little more. Okay. Good. Can't hear that at all. Yeah, that's right - nothing. Much better. And... hey! Don't throw things at me!


Sensitive artists, these cohorts of ours. Take Marvin (my personal robot assistant).... please. He's been playing the pipe organ on our latest recordings, and, well... a little goes a long way, let's put it that way. Ouch! Stop chucking stuff, man! Very sensitive. We've been asking him to go a little easy on the organ, and he treats that like an insult. (It does sound vaguely obscene, come to think of it.) So it looks like our patented arranging method of starting with every imaginable instrument and subtracting them one by one... that's not working so good. Thus far, we've only managed to eject the glockenspiel, the tin drum, the specially-tuned half-sticks of dynamite, the kazoo, and hell, we've got a long, long way to go before we get down to what's typically needed for a Big Green album. Even sFshzenKlyrn is losing patience with these sessions, and he has a life-span (or half-life) of 57 million Earth years.


We'll get it done, never fear. In the mean time, how are our current releases doing? Well, let's check in on a few listener responses to our last single, "High Horse". Here's one from a guy who calls himself "UncleOutrage":



I Hate To Be The Villian, But.....

I can't quite tell if this song is supposed to be funny or not, but I'm sorry to say that I don't like it in either case. Honestly much of it has to do with the genre, I'm really not a fan of honky-tonk country music in the least. But even as song writing goes, this was VERY repetitive and I might go as far to say annoying. I'm REALLY sorry, I hate to be negative as far as judging someone else's work, but I just have to be honest. There was nothing I liked in this track at all.



Well, "Uncle" - glad you enjoyed that. If you want to hear it again (and again and again), just drop by our Web site at www.big-green.net/highhorse. There's even a ludicrous video. Go wild, son!


Here's a Garageband review from someone who calls him/herself "SkelingtonBoot":



ugh

I'm sorry this is just not for me. I don't think this is indie rock, this is one of those red warning label genres like Country Rock or Comedy. Singer has a sturdy voice and given a willing spirit I reckon he could get you singing along to your granny's armpits and the melody - very country - is very compelling in a very cheesy way. The lyrics are ... ? I can't talk about the lyrics. Overall the song sounds very proficiently performed and I do believe that humour belongs in music ... but, that's not a carte blanche!



Gosh, "Skelington", not sure where to begin! Thanks for the kudos on the "willing spirit", though you should know we eliminated all the "granny's armpit" sounds kind of early on in the production process. We'll definitely take your "humour... not a carte blanche" comment to heart, though. From now on, we'll start editing ourselves more judiciously. We're going to get all serious, now. Totally. No, seriously.


Well, that's probably enough fun for this week, kids. We've got to interrupt the man-sized tuber's monologue before people start getting too happy in the studio. Music is a serious business, you know. No time for all this hee-hee and yuk-yuk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.