Part deux.


So, as I was saying.... What was I saying again? Can't keep track, frankly. Give me a moment to page back through my previous utterances. Ah, yes. A day in the life.


5:30 p.m. Sifting through the mountain of complaints I've received after posting the last blog. Seems like people don't like hearing blow-by-blow descriptions of how we spend our time. Strange... because even though it seems that way, I remain convinced that they do care. Maybe it's the Zenite snuff sFshzenKlyrn plied me with earlier, I don't know.


6:47 p.m. A noise begins drifting up from the basement. At first I think it may be some kind of diseased creature, wandered in through the sewer lines in search of sweet revenge. As I move closer to the stairwell, however, I realize it's just my comrades tuning up for another rehearsal. Why don't they ever tell me about these rehearsals? (Perhaps they announce them at the band meetings that... I never... attend.... oh, yeah.)


7:01 p.m. Rehearsal's over. Man, that was taxing! Almost as much so as that new tax on beer and wine. Oh my God - those madmen in Albany.... what are they doing to us?!? How am I EVER going to come up with another 1-1/2 cents to spend on a six pack? It's MADNESS!!!


9:50 p.m. There's a hole in the living room wall. Not an ordinary hole, mind you - a hole into another dimension. Marvin (my personal robot assistant) ran across it while he was doing the tidying up. (He doubles as one of those robotic vacuum cleaners - pretty versatile.) Don't know how it got there, but my guess is that this is the result of some experiment Mitch Macaphee, our mad science adviser, has been working on. Lot of racket, noxious fumes, and heavy vibrations coming from his makeshift lab, just lately. Must have landed himself a grant somewhere.


10:15 p.m. This just in - Anti-Lincoln has wandered into the trans-dimensional wormhole in the living room. God, I hate when he does that!


That's one Lincoln out the door. Good thing we've got a spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.