Foundation askew.


Now there's something you don't see every day. That is, unless you're one of those people who sees it every day. I'm just sayin'. (Oh no... I've become one of those people who says, "I'm just sayin'...").

The thing I'm seeing (as opposed to the thing I'm sayin') is this massive crack in the foundation of our beloved Hammer Mill. Never noticed it before, actually. Funny what you run across when you're snooping around the place, looking for discarded foodstuffs (abandoned sandwiches, leftover fruit, etc.). Pretty soon you're picking up on all of the stuff that's been going on without your noticing it. I always thought that Mitch Macaphee's experiments in plate tectonics might have some regrettable consequences. Now I can see that I was right. What has Mitch been working on, specifically? Funny you should ask. It's this thing he picked up on in one of Matt's songs, a little number called "Why Not Call It George?" The chorus goes like this:

Continental drift can be reversed
Great tumblers shift
And Pangaea can be reclaimed
After me it can be renamed
Why not call it George?
Call it George after me.

Now, I would be the first to caution people against taking song lyrics seriously. After all, look what happened with that Manson thing - and all because he was reading too much into Tommy James and the Shondells' Crimson and Clover. (You know... "Crimson" - blood! "Clover" - on the graves of the dead! "Over and over" - MANY dead!) Well, Mitch has gone and done it again, trying to recreate the mother of all continents through some strange electromagnetic process that only HE understands. Hard to believe he is the inventor of something as, well, intellectually challenged as Marvin (my personal robot assistant). (Don't tell Marvin I said that. Just attribute it to someone else, please - he's very sensitive lately.)

Well, aside from scrounging and discovering mysterious faults to the center of the Earth, we've been working on a few songs... actually a sackload of songs. Not doing the lounge lizard thing any more. No sir, the next time we perform, it will be our own ridiculous tunes, not someone else's. And we will have a powerpoint presentation handy to explain each one, so no one makes the mistake of misinterpreting them like Manson did with "Crimson and Clover" or whatever the hell song. Matt and I have been working furiously on this project, now that we know the potentially disastrous consequences that may result from mere un-footnoted performances. What the hell - we played "Why Not Call It George," and now the Earth may be destroyed. Who knew?

So, all you would-be failed indie rock musicians out there - be careful what you sing! You may end up in SING SING! I'm just.... stoppin'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.