Plugging.

Another Web bucket to fill. Good grief, tubey! How many Web sites am I supposed to maintain? I'm the one with the arms, remember... and the cerebral cortex.

Oh, hi. Yeah, I was just in the process of dressing down the mansized tuber. Why? Well, it's simple - he keeps making more work for us bipeds, signing us up for these aggregator sites like Reverbnation and the like. I can't keep up with it, man! And my bandmates want nothing to do with it. I'm the janitor here in Big Green land. (My brother Matt is the cinematographer, I should mention.) But what the hell, I'm complaining again, aren't I? I should be grateful to have a roof over my head, three square meals a day, two round ones, and a couple of hexagonal snacks. That's more than most can say these days.

As always, money is a challenge. Copies of One Small Step are not exactly flying off the shelf on this planet (though I hear it's moving quite briskly on Kaztropharius 137b, that nasty little planetoid that hosts us every year or so). It's predictably hard to repatriate profits from other planets - that's not surprising at all. They use a whole different kind of currency up there... not to mention a whole different kind of gravity, air, and background radiation. Hell, funds transfers are the least of it. If you're a bank courier, you're lucky to get out of there with your skin. Word of warning.

There are ways we can maximize our budget down here without the help of space aliens. One way is to eat less. I've been trying to get by on bread heels and brick fragments, but yesterday I broke down and got some Chinese food. Not that cutting back on nutrients is the best way to save money - far from it. We've been trying a host of innovations. Mitch Macaphee, for instance, came up with these little power generation gizmos he calls "Nano Mills" - tiny windmills that adhere to your clothing and generate enough power to ... well ... to make an LED glow dimly for a few seconds. Not much, but it's a start. Marvin (my personal robot assistant) is now covered with the little contraptions.

Note to Mitch: Your next invention should just be money. Just invent some cash, there's a good chap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.