There is a town.

Well it's been a while. Time to open up the old mailbag, right? Right, then, right!

Here's a little missive from alert listener Ozymandius Lake in southern Nevada, somewhere near the Arizona border. ("No fixed address" is a strange name for a street, but anyway...)
 
Dear ignorant buggers,

It is manifestly obvious to me, Ozymandius Lake, that you people are a bunch of frauds. Stinking, lousy frauds! I may have no fixed address, but that doesn't mean I'm gullible. You don't live in the Cheney Hammer Mill! That place was knocked down decades ago. And even if it hadn't been, it was hardly large enough to accommodate everything that you claim happens there. And that Rick Perry album you're producing - there ain't no such thing. I've been living in these bottoms for nigh onto twenty years, and I ain't never seen no Rick Perry album.

Yours respectfully,
O.L.

Well, Ozymandius - taking your last comment first - I would have to say, "look upon my works and despair", because there is indeed a Rick Perry album on the way, Big Green is indeed producing it, and it is called Cowboy Scat: Songs in the Key of Rick. If you received our podcast out there in Nevada (I think we have a repeater in Reno), you would know that's true. As for the mill, if it doesn't exist, I've been sleeping in the street for the last ten years. Could explain a lot. I'll look into it. Thanks, Oz!

Here's another one, this from Polly (Esther) Batson in Paolo Alto, California...

Dear Big Green,

You haven't said anything about Big Zamboola in months. Did he return to his home solar system, or is he just lurking quietly in the the cloistered basement of the mill, keeping his titanic gravitational forces to himself?

Best,
Polly

Thanks for the letter, Polly. Didn't know people wrote letters anymore in this age of Twitter, Facebook, blah blah blah. Anywho, no worries about Big Zamboola. He has kept quiet, true, over the past year or so, mainly because he shares with sFshzenKlyrn, our sit-in guitarist from the planet Zenon, that transcendental quality of being an gaseous entity of no determinate shape or density. Sometimes he just pops up out of nowhere, like a jack in the box. Zamboola in the box, we call him.

Okay, back to the non-existent studio with me to work on that non-existent album. If only I had known of its insubstantial nature before I started working on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.