Holly jolly nuthin.

Is this thing on? Are you sure? Trouble is, Mitch, I can't believe anything you say now. I need independent confirmation of every bland assurance you give me. Hello? Hel-lo?

Oh, well ... I think this blog is working again. Greetings from the abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill in beautiful upstate New York, where your friends and neighbors in Big Green are busily preparing for what may be the most ambitious holiday celebration we've seen in years. Bigger than, well... bigger than last year's, which, to be frank, wasn't much. So I should say the biggest in year. Anyway, it takes a lot of preparation - that's the point. And now that we have the Web site back up and running (I am told), we can turn our collective attention back to the impending festivities.

What's on the docket? So glad you asked. We are planning another holiday extravaganza on THIS IS BIG GREEN, our monthly podcast, featuring special guest appearances, new music, strange, unidentifiable noises, and other stuff. I myself have been hammering away on three new Big Green songs - additional selections from our big book of Christmas-themed material, of which the songs on our first album, 2000 Years To Christmas, were but a sampling. We also have a new episode of Mr. Ned in production, just on the odd chance that you didn't abandon ship in the middle of the last episode. All this and more, all on the podcast. Yee-hah.

Around the mill, we're decorating in the usual way. Marvin (my personal robot assistant) has taken it upon himself to decorate the mansized tuber like a Christmas tree. (Tubey is the closest thing to a scotch pine that we have in this drafty old barn of a place.) Somebody hung a random string of lights across the entrance to our basement studio. I stepped on a glass bulb yesterday - it was shaped kind of like a pine cone. That's about the extent of it. Oh yeah - I think we might get a pizza on Monday. Again: yee-hah.

So, as you see, the season of joy is upon us once again, and we are infused with the spirit of ... of ... whatever. Details at eleven. Happy freaking holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.