Back to earth.

Did you hear that just then? No? Listen closely. How about now? Still nothing, eh? No worries. It's just the sound of the holidays receding into the distance.

Jesus, I'm glad this is over.Hello, everyone. Glad to see you survived whatever holiday saturnalia has possessed you for the past two weeks. We have arrived at the other side, and good thing, too. Plenty to do, and not a lot of time to do it in. Here at the abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill, Big Green has gotten a head start on the new year (as is typical for us). We had an ambitious January 1st morning, hauling our sorry asses out of bed at the crack of noon, jugging empty bottles for half an hour, then collapsing back onto the mattress for another five. We did even more on Wednesday.

Okay, so that's not such a fast start in this day and age. There was a time, my young friend, when such an effort might have been considered proactive. Nevertheless, there is work to be done on our upcoming album, Cowboy Scat: Songs in the Key of Rick. Matt and I did some of it Thursday night, mixing a couple more songs. Not exactly the Forbin project, but ambitious for people with little ambition. One foot in front of the other, as they say. (Okay, now I'm just typing random shit that comes into my head. Someone stop me before I kill another sentence!)

Those of you who are familiar with our habits and our work products (to say nothing of our dairy products) are probably a little wary of this progress report. I cannot blame you. Our last album, International House, was fully five years in the making. It took us almost half that time to edit, mix, and master it. And while I like the disc, it doesn't sound like a five-year project, not nearly. That was the calamity album - everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. But in the end, it didn't make much difference. It basically sounds like us when things go right, so what the hell.

My point is, well, we're not going to take five years to release Cowboy Scat. We started this sucker on the podcast last year and we will finish it soon.... ish. Couple of months, okay? What the hell am I, Kreskin? Criswell? David Copperfield?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.