Cheer up.

Get out of my room, Marvin (my personal robot assistant). You too, tubey. I'm having one of my captain sunshine days, as you can tell. In fact, I'm rear-admiral motherfucking sunshine today, mister.

This means war Oh, fuck.... I mean, fudge. Didn't know you were listening in. Sorry you had to hear that outburst. Nerves are getting a little frayed around the hammer mill just lately. What the hell, I've been sleeping in an abandoned hammer-stock storage silo for the last 10 years, springs poking out of my mattress like in those old cartoons, the windows leaky and cracked, the mortar crumbling to dust between ancient bricks. Not to put too fine a point on it - this place is a DUMP. Now I know why they abandoned the abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill.

What's that? They condemned the place? What the hell, Marvin ... you had that in your memory banks all this time? Weren't you just dying to tell me at some point before this? Irrelevant?!? I've obviously got to talk to your inventor about upgrading your relevance sensor. To say nothing of your gaydar. The freaking boy scouts should hire your ass. (Damn, there I go again! Sorry, people of Earth.)

I've got a case of what's called Dyspepsia Engineeris, an affliction that usually strikes individuals in the middle of a large music post-production process. Mixing an album consumes every ounce of your creativity, and hell ... I've only got two ounces to begin with. Needless to say, we haven't been producing new material, just finishing what's already in the can. We have, however, dug up some old, previously unreleased stuff that we can play on our podcast, THIS IS BIG GREEN, in the spaces where we might ordinarily have published new production. We'll pour some of that in before it posts, I promise you. And one day, one day, we will return to making music (as opposed to merely mixing it).

Well ... now that I've chased all of my friends away, I guess I can get back to ... to ... mixing. Arrgh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.