Fragments of brain.

If I could think faster than a slow crawl, I would. That's the issue, always. And don't look at me like that, Marvin. Not ALL of us have electronic brains.

What would I do with all that brain power? Well, for one thing, I would get our next album out a bit quicker. Cowboy Scat: Songs in the Key of Rick seems to be in perpetual becoming mode. I know you're sick of it, I'm sick of it, Matt's had it up to here, the president has started complaining, the ambassador from Madagascar has issued a protest against Big Green - suffice to say, no one is happy. Hey, well ... we're working as fast as we can. It takes a while to bake all those discs, especially without a convection oven like the big, famous groups have. And then hand painting all those covers. Jesus!

At least, in these modern times, we no longer have to perform the music separately for every disc we sell. That was a real pain in the assets. Eventually, someone - I think it may have been Mitch Macaphee, our mad science advisor, but I'm not certain - told us all about the concept of mastering, then spinning copies off of the master, etc. Up until then, we were recording each copy individually. Talk about quality control issues! Sheesh.

We've got an assembly line set up in the abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill, just like the good old days when proles were hammering out ... well, hammers within these very walls. (Very clammy walls, I should say.) Big Green is applying the lessons first applied by Henry Ford, in that we line up a bunch of underpaid individuals (including robots and man-sized tubers) and have each one handle a piece of the manufacturing process. Then we drastically underpay them, but not so much that they can't afford to buy one of the discs on their way out the door.

Well, there's the factory whistle again. Time to get back down to it. LINE THREE! LUNCH IS OVER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.