Podcast rundown: November

Just getting a few things packed away in my cozy little cabin, in the makeshift rent-a-spacecraft we've hired for our interstellar tour in support of Cowboy Scat: Songs in the Key of Rick (our latest album). A few sticks of chewing gum, some duct tape, an x-ray of a tooth (not mine, as it happens - just some random tooth) ... all stuff I wouldn't want to be without for the stretch of weeks we'll spend in the icy void of space. Brrrrr!

Big GreenAnyhow, before I do another hand's turn of real work, I wanted to post my usual visitor's guide to our most recent podcast. I know, I know - podcasts should explain themselves, right? Well, in a perfect world they would, but this world is far from perfect. Just ask Dr. Pangloss. (Wait ... he's probably exactly the person you shouldn't ask. Try Candide instead.)

November's THIS IS BIG GREEN included some very useful tidbits, such as:

Ned Trek XIV: The Wrath of Carl - Amazing to hear myself say this, but this fourteenth episode of our epic Star Trek parody, starring Captain Willard Mittilius Romney, his first officer / dressage horse Mr. Ned, and a crew of neocons and misfits, pits our cast against the most terrifying enemy they've ever faced: a real astrophysicist (Carl Sagan), armed with actual facts about the universe (most of which we made up, but you'll get the idea). Carl can wreck the Free Enterprise merely by commenting on it. What will Willard and Ned do? Download it and find out.

Song: Volcano Man - A selection from our album International House. We've played this number on the podcast before, so ... here it is again. (The rapture's comin'!)

Put The Phone Down: Matt and I talk about a wide range of issues, touching on health care, hunting, blah, and blah-blah. Some rare moments of insight. (Did I say insight? I meant instep.)

Song: Little Pig Flies - A selection from the 4-track cassette production archives, previously unreleased (of course). This number has echoes of Richard Kimball, running from Inspector Gerard. Toiling at many jobs. You get the idea.

Song: Good Old Boys Roundup (Demo Version) - The demo of a song that was intended for International House but never made it to the final version. We may have played this on the podcast before, I don't know. Anywho, here it is ... again-ish.

Back to packing. Hasta la vista.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.