Sweep up.

Oh, sweep up! I've been sweeping up the tips I've made! I've been livin' on Gatorade, planning my getaway!

Grab a broom, hey willya?Apologies to Paul Simon. Actually, except for the Gatorade part, that sounds like the story of my life just lately. Trying to tidy up the cavernous squat house we call the Cheney Hammer Mill ahead of the coming winter months. Nothing worse than a dusty house when the snow is up to the rafters - ask anybody who's spent a few frigid seasons here on the dark side of the year. So, just plying the old broom across the brick floor.

Marvin (my personal robot) is running the vacuum in the background. Not a vacuum cleaner, you understand - an actual time/space vacuum he created with the orgone generating machine Trevor James Constable left behind so many years ago. Amazing how that thing still runs after years of neglect, no one to tend its complex servos and circuit boards, not even our mad science adviser Mitch Macaphee, who used to tinker with the thing from time to time before he relocated to his new lab in Madagascar. (Don't go there! It may no longer even exist, the way he messes with the space-time continuum.)

Check out our podcast, This Is Big Green.While I've been occupying myself with domestic duties, I've been listening to a one-off CD of some of our Ned Trek songs. They need a little work, but I don't doubt that we'll release them in some more finalized form one day. I'm contemplating a late year holiday release or two on YouTube, maybe a collection of Ned songs sometime after that. It's adding up to a lot of material, actually - about 25 songs and counting, pretty much all of which have showed up on THIS IS BIG GREEN in draft form. I know, I know ... sounds like another Cowboy Scat: Songs in the Key of Rick. Yep, well ... that's how we roll these days.

Hey, listen to me, right? Interstellar tour, new album, YouTube videos. Slow down, maestro, you move too fast. You got to ... hoo boy, there's Paul Simon again. Stop it, man. More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.