Post haste.

What the hell, was that September just then? Fricking amazing. This is truly the meltaway year. We're almost down to the chewy caramel center. (I think of September as mostly nougat, frankly.)

THAT'S where we'll be? Huh...Well, I suppose it's safe to say that we won't be posting a September podcast. Yes, we recorded one. Yes, we still have a computer and internet access. No, I didn't leave it in my other pants. It's still under construction, okay? It's in far more capable hands than mine, I might add. And I am confident that those hands are hard at work, editing wav files, and not shuffling cards or clicking a remote or (God forbid ) tapping on a phone. (This would not be a good time for me to get a text with a link to some lame video.)

I guess it's hard to deny that we have essentially departed from our monthly podcast schedule. That is, in part, due to our titanic laziness, but also to the fact that our Ned Trek productions have become much more ambitious in recent months, demanding more and more resources, elaborate sets, casts of thousands, pricey special effects, craft services for the crew, exotic oils for Marvin (my personal robot assistant), you name it. It isn't easy to produce an epic. Nor is it easy to produce a hack-job podcast, but (and this is important) doing so is easier than the thing with the epic. Are you following that? Good.

I have to think that more than a few of you are wondering, "Well ... he's got time to write this stupid blog post. Why doesn't he just use that time to finish the podcast, or write a song, for pity's sake?" Good question. We in Big Green have always been of the belief that timely and accurate reporting is key to the success of any band. If you don't know what we're up to, we won't know either, and THEN where will we be? In Coventry, that's where! (Actually, I hear that's quite pleasant this time of year.)

Anyway, where is this getting us? Must get back to finishing that September ... I mean, October podcast. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.