Summer reverie.

Say, do you remember when we took that bicycle trip up the side of Mt. McKinley? Nope, neither do I. Well, now I'm guessing it never happened. Another false flag operation in brainville.

Oh, hello, reader. I'm afraid you've caught me in the midst of an early summer reverie. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm going to spend the entire season looking backward, but I will admit that I put my tee-shirt on backwards this morning. Harbinger of things to come? Of course not. Nevertheless, when you've got an abandoned hammer mill full of accumulated junk from more than a decade of habitation, every day is a bit like an archival bin dive.

Does that sound like a summer project to you? Well, it does to me ... sort of. I told you about the demo video from 1993 that I've been resuscitating these last couple of weeks. Last weekend I remastered the audio and I'll do some editing over the next few days. My summer report will be about resurrecting our YouTube channel, which is, essentially, my personal YouTube channel rather than an official Big Green video hub. Right now it kind of resembles the Cheney Hammer Mill - a big pile of unrelated videos about music, politics, linguistics, philosophy of mind .... whatever the hell I spend my free time watching and (mostly) listening to. Hey ... my phone is my entertainment center, okay? That's how you know I'm American. (Want a candy bar? Cigarettes? There's a bodego across the street.)

This could take a while.Just the other day (don't ask me which day) I stumbled upon some old promo shots of Matt and me back in our Big Green duo days, in the late 80s. (I can tell when it was because I was wearing a sports jacket with the arms rolled up. Hey ... it was comfortable, like the fuzzy slippers.) I think it was right after Ned Danison left the group and I moved back to the Utica area. In a couple of shots we were consciously trying to lampoon a Rolling Stone magazine spread about U2's current album at the time, Joshua Tree. (They had a shot of U2's drummer looking admiringly at Bono from about five paces away. I think there was a cactus in the photo somewhere.)

What's next ... the handlebars of my first tricycle? Never fear ... we will get back to making new things rather than digging up old ones. Just give us a little interval. Ah yes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.