Inside August.

Did you upload the episode on time? Marvin? Can you hear me? Oh, Jesus. Not again. Right ... Hey, anti-Lincoln! Plug Marvin in for a couple of hours. Make yourself useful!

Hi, good people. I'm pretty sure Marvin (my personal robot assistant) uploaded the August episode of our podcast, THIS IS BIG GREEN - our fifth anniversary broadcast! - over the last couple of days, but until he has a decent charge on him I can't be sure. If you listened to it, you know a lot of what I planned to tell you today. But because I am a pedantic motherfucker, I fully intend to tell you about it anyway. Here's what we got under the hood.

Ned Trek 29: Error of Mercy - This latest episode of our Star Trek political parody audio melodrama is based on the classic Star Trek episode titled "Errand of Mercy". (For you non-aficionados, here's the IMDB listing.) The crew of the Free Enterprise arrives at the planet Origami just ahead of the Confederation's arch rivals, the Cleenton Empire. The episode features a bad, bad imitation of Bill Clinton, a perhaps worse imitation of James Carville, and a lot of cheap shots. Perle ends up wearing another barrel, so it's probably worth a listen.

Marvin, did you ... ? Forget it.Put The Phone Down - We start with some strained renditions of a song by The Troggs, as sung by Peter Lorre, the Daleks from Dr. Who, and others, then rip right into a discussion of current affairs. That more or less follows the theme of my political rant this week - the assholes vs. the fuckers, in essence, though we also spend some time on "Bernie or Bust" and the Green Party. (Don't get me started!)

Live Songs - These are audio tracks from the excerpts of our live video demo we posted over the past few weeks on our YouTube Channel. These include Sensory Man, I Hate Your Face, and Why Not Call It George? Fairly raucous, more or less in line with cuts from our Live From Neptune EP. The recordings were made pretty proximate to one another, probably within a year or so (1993-4). This was at the end of the period when we performed with guitarist and friend of Big Green, Jeremy Shaw.

Anyway, a lot of good-ish listening here, so enjoy. Or at least try to enjoy. I just want to spread a little sunshine as I move through the world, that's all. Just call me "little joey sunshine". (Sure beats "fucker".)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Riding Grievance all the way to armageddon