Poditosis.

All right, then. Time for the now quarterly ritual - that of passing the podcast from one computer to another and listening to it until we collapse from incoherent self-amusement. That's what I call "Friday".

I know, THIS IS BIG GREEN is late once again. I would use summer as an excuse, but you know that's lame. We NEVER take summers off - just ask the missus. I would use old age as an excuse, but hell ... we've been old since we started the podcast, and it used to be monthly, so what gives? Well ... other stuff tends to get in the way. Matt has his various jobs, columns, reports, and committees to deal with. I've got my day job, night duties, plus the Cutty Sark model that I've been building in the dark for 12 years, etc. (Apologies to Graham Chapman for lifting that.)

Then there's the freaking play, of course - Ned Trek, which takes up the bulk of our creative time ... writing it, editing it, toasting it, spreading margarine all over it, then recording the voices, editing the audio, chucking in the alley, flying kites for six days, etc., until the show emerges from the butt end of this long and alimentary-like process. There's got to be a better way, right? Well, if there is, I have yet to hear about it. What the hell ... we're not good.

Where's that podcast? I don't effin' know!Simultaneous to this production schedule is our music production schedule, which involves writing, tracking, and mixing songs using stone knives and bearskins. (The kind of primitive tools used in the late 1990s, early 2000s, before time began.) We've got a start on two new songs thus far in this cycle, likely destined for a future Ned Trek episode. They're ridiculous enough, let's put it that way. Then there's an oldies project we got a start on, not to mention the omnibus Ned Trek song collection we plan to release at some point before we keel over. (Better start picking up the pace on some of these projects. I'm feeling kind of woozy.)

Anywho, I expect you'll see a new THIS IS BIG GREEN episode drop later this week. Don't quote me - I am notoriously unreliable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Riding Grievance all the way to armageddon