Tubs and bones.

Well, nice try anyway. I always thought it would be best to start on the valve trombone and work your way up. Maybe I was right for once, though the odds are against it. Anywho ....

Oh, hi. Just talking to my illustrious brother, who was gifted a trombone for Christmas this past month. We're always stretching our musical horizons here at the mighty abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill, always looking ahead to the next Big Green project, whether it be a new album, a podcast, or just some random squeaking in the night. Sadly, whatever that project may turn out to be, it's unlikely to have trombone parts on it. Matt's not big on the mouthpiece, frankly. Making music is just plain hard!

This is far from the first time we've attempted to add instrumentation. And no, I'm not referring to when Marvin (my personal robot assistant) hired a Lowry organ for a fortnight so that he could learn the wedding march in time for Queen Elizabeth II's wedding on Netflix. (Sentimental pile of lifeless tin.) I mean all those other times, like when Anti-Lincoln took up the glockenspiel or when the mansized tuber tried to carve a piccolo our of one of his root-like appendages. (This, too, I have seen with mine own eyes.) I even banged on some drums once upon a time.

Um, I think you need mallets with that thing.The simple fact is, when we are producing a piece of music, our only resource is ourselves. We can't go out and hire people to score and perform orchestral parts - that's prohibitively expensive .... in that it would cost more than the fifteen bucks I have hidden in the mattress. No, sir .... Big Green forages for what it needs, plucking banjos and bagpipes from the junk pile of music history. That's part of our thing, actually - found sound made with found instruments. What the hell ... if we didn't do that, we would have to get another thing.

What kind of instruments will we need for our next album? Good question. Sousaphone comes to mind, but only because I like the sound of the word "sousaphone" ... even more than I like the sound of the horn itself. We may have use for mandolins and accordions, but it's a little early to say. Ask me after dinner. That's when I do some of my best thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.