Clown computing.

Wow, okay. Do that again. No, not that one ... I mean the hand stand. Okay, NOW the somersault. Can you do cartwheels? Not the donuts, you idiot! The circus trick! Wait ... where are you going?

Well, Marvin (my personal robot assistant) is off to find a Dunkin Donuts or Crispy Creme somewhere. He's so damn suggestible. The mere mention of sugar-saturated junk food gets his wheels rolling, quite literally. Marvin was just showing me some of his acrobatic exercises from his days with P.T. Barnum. Now, I know what you're going to say .... Marvin was just manufactured sometime around the year 2000; how could he possibly have worked for P.T. Barnum? Well, god only knows what materials our mad science adviser Mitch Macaphee used in putting Marvin's electronic brain together, but I suspect part of it may have come from a circus wagon. Robots - where would they be without other people's memories?

Now that you're pondering that impenetrable mystery, here's another one. I was noodling around on our distributor sites and discovered that I can port songs from our first two albums - 2000 Years to Christmas and International House - over to our SoundCloud site. Well, for some reason it seemed like a good idea to start doing just that. The first one we posted was our 2011 single, One Small Step:


Call that a cartwheel? Sheesh.Since I've been in an archiving mood pretty much all summer, I will likely start posting selections from International House (our 2008 album) in the coming weeks and share them here, forthwith, etc. Not new material, of course .... just a cheap-ass retrospective on where we've been. Something for you to chew on while we work out where the hell we're going. I don't know, maybe another interstellar tour, or maybe we'll go all in on another album, or maybe just watch Marvin try to do cheap circus tricks. So long as he doesn't dress up like a rodeo clown and start juggling bowling pins. That's a bridge too far.

Of course, now Marvin is giving me that "it does not compute" look. I get that a lot. Or maybe it's just Marvin's default expression; he's got brass fixtures for eyes, nose, and ears, so it's a little hard to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.