Porpoise in life.

I told you what I saw, Mitch. What else can I say? If you choose not to believe me, well that's your affair. All I can tell you is that I know a primordial proto-whale when I see one, and I SAW one.

Oh, hi. As you can see, our mad science advisor, Mitch Macaphee, and I are having a little scientific disagreement. I am making an empirical argument that primitive whale ancestors still roam the earth, whereas Mitch is advancing a kinetic argument of sorts. In other words, he threw a chair at me. Fortunately, my reflexes are still relatively sound for a man of my years and I was able to duck quickly enough to make it a near miss. Then came the brick bats. Let's just say that I lost the argument, not so much on the merits. More on the bruises. Ouch.

I never suspected Mitch would get so worked up about the field of paleontology. He's more of a physicist, chemist, bomb maker. You never know what he's going to cook up next. Last week he was muttering something about somebody named "Q" he met on the internets. I think he's been watching too many reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation. In any case, he's been building armaments for some event that's been on the horizon for some time. I know what you're going to say ... we should do something about him. Hey, look - when he shows up on the barricades with some kind of plastic bazooka, THEN call me.

There it is again. Hey, Mitch!While he's been busy with that and Matt's been busy with falcons, I've been woodshedding a bit, trying to teach my arms to play the piano again. (It's faster than teaching your legs.) The archiving project is nearly complete, at least the part about digitizing songs from analog tapes. I still need to clean them up, sort them, etc. Some of them are pretty spare; others come with a vest and a second pair of pants. The whole nine yards, as they say. (I don't know why they say these things.)

Oh, and we dropped an encore episode of Ned Trek at nedtrek.com. It's episode #27, Who Mourns For Science (originally aired in Feb. 2016), which features a giant Carl Sagan. Can't be bad, right? Give it a listen and let me know if it's improved with age. (I know I haven't. That's why I think I'm seeing proto whales.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.