Pop goes it.

Lift the needle. Right about ... there. That's good. Now let's do the next one. Excellent. We will soon have my entire LP collection transferred to 8-track cartridges, at long last.

Eight tracks Oh, hello. Just catching up on some housekeeping. You know how it is, especially when you're living the dream here in the abandoned Cheney Hammer Mill. Time gets away from you, and you end up neglecting all that stuff you meant to do, had to do, were legally obligated to do, etc. I'm only just now getting around to filing my tax returns for 1983. I think my extension may have run out, but I'm not sure. There's a stack of letters from the IRS I've yet to open....

Right, so I'm falling behind. I think we all are here in Big Green land. Fact is, cousin Rick Perry has a song by that name on our upcoming album, Cowboy Scat: Songs in the Key of Rick. It goes something like this....

I'm fallin' behind, I'm fallin' behind
T'ain't never lost before
Always won when I tried
 I tell them just what they want to hear
Just as sure as God made corn subsidies
No abortions, no exceptions
We'll nail scripture to the trees.
Oh, I love Jesus more than any man ever dared to love another man!
And I remember what he said in the sermon on the mount
Well, some of it.

(c) 2013 by Big Green


...And so on. Now I know that some long-time listeners of Big Green (and there are at least two or three of you out there) will see this and think, What the fuck are they doing? I thought these guys did pop music. This is just irony-soaked cowboy ballads! Well, that's not exactly right, my friends. You see, Cowboy Scat is a collection of songs from a lost musical about the political trajectory of dear cousin Rick, each number performed by a different group (so the creation myth goes). Some of them are cowpoke groups, some rock, some pop, some weird German 80's disco, some ... well, you get the idea. And you'll get it even more when we finish mixing the sucker and finally release it into the wild.

Which reminds me. When I do the budget for this release, I have to make sure to include a line for transfer to 8-track. Don't want to leave any listeners out, no matter what decade they live in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P., uber rich lady atop killer empire

Pulling the plug is never as easy as it looks

Stop hiding your light under that bushel.